How to study Chemistry HL?

thebest

My textbook is really crappy (A nelson gr 11. chem. tb that every single gr.11 chem. student uses in ontario), and my teacher does not neccesarily explain that well in class. Should I search up whatever I'm learning online? Or is there a textbook that I can buy specifically for chem. IB (SL or HL).

I use the Pearson Textbook for HL Chem. And the CC helps too. I find that they cover everything needed and explain things really well; the two books go along with each other, if I don't understand the content from one, the other helps out.

As for websites, try going to www.chemguide.co.uk

My teacher recommended that.

Practise often, study hard, pay attention and listen well in class.

Question about the syllabus, I'm Chem HL, so do I only pay attention to the HL part or do I have to pay attention to the HL part in addition to the SL part?

I'm afraid I'm going to fail since I'm the only Chem HL in my class.

You definitely need to study the core for SL as well ! Most of the SL provides a base for the HL work anyway, without knowing the SL it won't make much sense to be honest! Especially for paper one, there are a lot of common questions between SL and HL so you really do need to study both very in depth.

Don't have that kind of mindset! It's a demanding course yes, but definitely possible to do well in if you put in the work, do your own study as well as whatever your teacher provides. Good luck!

Question about the syllabus, I'm Chem HL, so do I only pay attention to the HL part or do I have to pay attention to the HL part in addition to the SL part?

I'm afraid I'm going to fail since I'm the only Chem HL in my class.

Us HL'ers do BOTH SL and HL, at least as far as the options go.

in my cohort only 3 students take Chem SL and only 1 student takes Chem HL but this one HL guy is surviving... he's had a lot of private classes with our strict teacher but he's still enjoying Chem (because he loves it I guess) and if I'm not mistaken he's getting a 6 if not a 7. good luck to you and don't be afraid!

• 2 weeks later...