Art vs Theatre

cinty

I am not coping with IB Theatre. The assessment and workload is just too much and I'm dying :/ I want to switch to Art, which is possible, but I was just wondering what the assessment is like? Is it hard to get a 7? I'm pretty confident, I adore visual arts, I only chose Theatre because it's less subjective, but I will probably fail if I continue :L Thoughts? Advice?

It is important that your IB classes reflect your passions and interest and so I believe it was a mistake to have taken theater over art because you thought that theater would be more objective. Unfortunately, it is too late to change that but it's now up to you to decide. How important is a good score in the IB to you? Do you think your score would be better taking IB Art in a year, or continuing on with IB Theater? Keep in mind that although IB Theater may be filled with many assessments especially in the second year, candidates for this class do not take any exams. This means that after you worked hard the year to secure a good IB Theater grade, you will not have to worry about it when it comes to exam time and can spend more time studying for your other classes which do have exams.

Hope it all goes well.