What's a good LNAT score for top unis?

scarlettjazz

Well going from the UCL website it says:

Is there a minimum score for the LNAT?

UCL does not have a benchmark or minimum score required for the LNAT. The majority of successful candidates usually score in the region of 20 or above. Offers can be made to applicants who score lower when all other elements of their application, including the LNAT essay, are particularly strong. Similarly a high score in the LNAT is not a guarantee of an offer as applications are considered on the basis of all the information provide (including the academic profile, personal statement, reference, LNAT score and essay).

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/laws/prospective/undergraduate/index.shtml?faq#43

So I assume that 31 is a good score. I don't know if any Universities publish cut-off scores (if they even have that). I know for Medicine certain scores on the BMAT (equivalent to the LNAT for that course) guarantee you an interview at some Unis, and other Unis use things like the UKCAT to literally cut people off the shortlist so they're never interviewed if their scores are too low.

Google google google and you'll end up finding stats eventually - a lot of these things aren't published, they're just based on people's experiences, so literally the best way to find people sharing their life stories and corresponding LNAT marks is through our good friend :google:

:D

• 7 months later...

I scored 35/42 in paper 1, 28/42 in paper 2 on the site. But I think those are easier than the actual paper, cos Keble (Oxford) had their stats on their website a year or so back, average LNAT score for their applicants was like 18.5/42, average for successful candidates something like 23.

• 3 weeks later...