Questions about studying Medicine in the UK?

Sandwich

• 4 weeks later...

Chances are if the university has said that Biology is a requirement you'll need to be taking it. Of course, you can try and contact the university and find out if they'll allow any lenience but personally I'm doubtful. No harm in asking them though!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, is predicted like about 43 with 776 in HL bio, chem and math good enough for Oxford? I know that they require 39 with 766 but I don't really trust the fact that applicants with that score are considered further (if their BMAT, PS and reference is good enough for Oxford etc.). I know that this is relative it depends on how good you are compared to other people, and I have heard so many times that it is very competitive so the only thing I would like to know is whether I should even try.

On 23/09/2017 at 0:56 AM, Nemo said:

Hi guys, is predicted like about 43 with 776 in HL bio, chem and math good enough for Oxford? I know that they require 39 with 766 but I don't really trust the fact that applicants with that score are considered further (if their BMAT, PS and reference is good enough for Oxford etc.). I know that this is relative it depends on how good you are compared to other people, and I have heard so many times that it is very competitive so the only thing I would like to know is whether I should even try.

If you meet the entry requirements, then your grades are good enough. Oxford looks at your whole application, so the grades are not the only thing that matters. E.g. I had 42 predicted, but my offer for Law at Oxford was still 39, which is their most basic requirement. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, emmatay03 said:

How many years does it take to finish the course?

Do universities look at GCSEs?

Depending on which University you go to (some mandate intercalated degrees), it takes 5 - 6 years.

And yes all will look at GCSEs. How much they factor your GCSEs into their decision depends on the individual University.

• 1 year later...