Topic Help Please?

Panickid23

Alright, so originally, my topic was "How did the Hippie Movement affect the reception of the Vietnam War?" Unfortunately, she shot that down in a heartbeat.

And our rough drafts are due in two weeks. now I have to scrap my paper and start over.

I know I'd still like to stay within the general time span of the 60's and 70's, but I don't know where to go from here. If possible, I'd like to keep the Hippie Movement as well.

Any ideas?

Edited by Panickid23

• 2 weeks later...

There are plenty of topics you could choose from if you want to talk about the Hippie movement in the United States. Maybe one of the reasons why your History Teacher denied your first idea directly was the fact that the Hippie Movement didn't really affected the plot of the war, however, you should restate once again the question, basing yourself more in the change of domestic policies of the American government. Perhaps you could state the question as it follows: To what extent did the Hippie Movement affected the formulation of policies in the United States Government towards the Vietnam War?

Despite the topic is pretty good, you might want to go towards another direction, maybe arguing why the Hippie Movement was crucial in an specific event of the Cold War or if it influenced the way in which the United States treated international relations during the 60s and 70s.

:)