Fairleigh Dickinson University

dessskris

I attended a seminar about this uni, and it sounds like a very good university with wonderful programmes and wonderful scholarships too. however I've never heard of this uni before, so I don't know if it really has a good reputation. and anyway of course all universities will want to promote their own uni and only say good things about their uni, so I'd like to hear from people (perhaps from Canadians since they're more likely to have heard of this school, but if any non-Canadian is familiar with this uni you're also welcome) what they've heard about this uni, what they think about it, how good it is and whether they would recommend anyone to apply to this uni. thanks before!

I know right? but the speaker said there have been students from SFU and UBC that moved to FDU because of the programmes they offer (sorry by programmes I was not referring to the majors, I was referring to the extra programmes they have e.g., student exchange, global leadership programme or something like that...) and because of the scholarship. it's quite surprising to hear students from the aforementioned schools moved to this unheard school. so I'd like to hear more opinion from more people?

oh really?

it's sad because it has a programme with the United Nations (which they say other universities in Canada don't have) and lots of internship programmes...

I don't know, it just seems to be a really good uni. they also have small classes (so a lot of professors) and it's just...I don't know, it looks really good.

Well.. Im guessing that nobody will have any comments to say about this university. I guess if you really think the united nations programs is so great then you should go for it, but to me it just sound so fishy and ech. you can apply, and i doubt they'll reject you... it probably works more like a community college.

and i just saw it only has an endownment of 24 million over 3 campuses...which is very small. UBC has a 1.09 billion endownmnent according to wikipedia and SFU has a 180 million or so endownment.

To me, it sound like open university in UK which boast a great rank and all that and has a huge student body, but anyone can get its degree.