Help! I'm going to fail my EE

kkjns24

So I didnt realize how likely it is that I am going to fail until I read through the rubric. My essay is due in less than a month. My essay falls under the category of social/cultural anthropology, but I have never taken a class in anthropology. My essay is really bad, there isnt a lot of good sources cited because it was so hard to research the topic. Also, I am writing the essay in a language other than my A1, which is english, so the language is not very good although I am getting help with the actual editing of the language. I am writing the outline in english and then translating it, and adding transitions and fixing the syntax. Am I even allowed to have other people help me do this? If I have poor language is it bad even though it is not my A1 language? Also, if my essay only kind of mentions anthropological perspectives, is that an automatic D? And what is the lowest score I can get to still get a bilingual diploma?

I am dying, and seriously considering giving up everything and dropping out of IB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

do you have a supervisor? ask them to read your EE and give you some feedback.

you can ask your English teacher to help you fine tune your English.

you are however not allowed to ask for help with the content of the essay.

if you're that desperate, just drop your diploma to IB certificates only. but there's nothing wrong with trying, just submit it. if you get your C you'll still get your diploma, no?

So I didnt realize how likely it is that I am going to fail until I read through the rubric. My essay is due in less than a month. My essay falls under the category of social/cultural anthropology, but I have never taken a class in anthropology. My essay is really bad, there isnt a lot of good sources cited because it was so hard to research the topic. Also, I am writing the essay in a language other than my A1, which is english, so the language is not very good although I am getting help with the actual editing of the language. I am writing the outline in english and then translating it, and adding transitions and fixing the syntax. Am I even allowed to have other people help me do this? If I have poor language is it bad even though it is not my A1 language? Also, if my essay only kind of mentions anthropological perspectives, is that an automatic D? And what is the lowest score I can get to still get a bilingual diploma?

I am dying, and seriously considering giving up everything and dropping out of IB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How about MENTIONING your EE topic here. We can try and point you in the right direction for research etc.

• 1 month later...

Ask your supervisor to read your essay and help you edit it! Use as many anthro terms as possible: http://anthro.palomar.edu/tutorials/cglossary.htm

For your sources you need ethnographies!!! Also, evaluate how well the anthropologists studied and observed the society and question the basis of the ethnography and whether it was valid based on the ethnographer. And you're supposed to compare! Good luck! :) And don't forget to follow the IB's guidelines on the anthro EE which is on its website! :)