Sign in to follow this  

IBS compatability with mobile devices

I've noticed that IBS has some browser compatibility issues with a LOT of mobile devices. So here are the following solutions:

Android (Sony Xperia, Google Nexus, HTC phones, Samsung phones):

If your stock browser IS not being able to view the IBS forum properly, use the Dolphin Browser found at the market at

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Or Firefox for mobile.(Doesn't work on some low-end devices)

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/download/

IOS (Iphones/ Itouches):

Use the Skyfire browser and switch the User agent to "Desktop". You can get Skyfire at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497?mt=8

Symbian OS (Nokia phones):

The mobile version of IBS works OK. But the full version of the site is a little buggy. I don't own a Nokia so I can't really do much R&D into it.

Windows Phones:

Works Smoothly. The in built Internet Explorer is pretty smooth.

Edited by ishaan =3

For my phone (htc desire hd) on opera mini it is absolutly horrible but in the normal internet explorer it works fine

Or just use Fennec. (Firefox for Windows Mobile)

(I'm talking about the default skin here as the mobile skin works perfectly fine on my mobile) in the default browser for Nokia, the text doesn't get wrapped. I can scroll through the shoutbox. the only bug that bugged me was when I update my status, I get some kind of error message, but actually the status is already updated when I go back to the home page. I think that's it.

@AHiddenName which Opera version do you use? I use Opera Mini 5 and the default skin works perfectly fine, except that the text gets wrapped! well if you untick mobile mode in the browser settings you can view it like on your computer, but then the text still gets wrapped (the screen is still long though and the layout is like on computer).

but on opera mini, after i enter something to a reply textbox, i have to reload the page first then i can post my post.

but the mobile skin is perfectly fine.

(I'm talking about the default skin here as the mobile skin works perfectly fine on my mobile) in the default browser for Nokia, the text doesn't get wrapped. I can scroll through the shoutbox. the only bug that bugged me was when I update my status, I get some kind of error message, but actually the status is already updated when I go back to the home page. I think that's it.

@AHiddenName which Opera version do you use? I use Opera Mini 5 and the default skin works perfectly fine, except that the text gets wrapped! well if you untick mobile mode in the browser settings you can view it like on your computer, but then the text still gets wrapped (the screen is still long though and the layout is like on computer).

but on opera mini, after i enter something to a reply textbox, i have to reload the page first then i can post my post.

but the mobile skin is perfectly fine.

Desy,

The Opera YOU'RE using is for Symbian OS in other words a NOKIA phone.

AHiddenName, is using Opera on Android OS on a HTC phone. Different OS, slightly different web engine.

Opera on Nokia is a little messed up. Why not use Nokia's stock browser? It should work allright...

Opera on Nokia is a little messed up. Why not use Nokia's stock browser? It should work allright...

actually in my Opera browser the default skin looks just great for me, I love it just the way it is. I don't really like the layout on the Nokia default browser plus it's slow and tabbed browsing is better in Opera than in the default browser.