Bullying / Freedom

dessskris

at first I wanted to do my presentation on bullying but couldn't find a proper KI on that... can anyone help me with that? I need some inspirations... been trying to look up past TOK presentations on bullying but those presentations are not really TOK-ish so I don't have much idea on what KI could be drawn from this topic.

alternatively I've thought about freedom: How does our limitation of freedom hinder us in gaining knowledge? or something along those lines...but I'm afraid that the answer is pretty obvious as it's not so much related to knowledge whatsoever...

I really need some help, ideas on knowledge issues under bullying or freedom... please, I don't normally ask for too much help, right? but this time I really really need ideas so I hope you guys can understand. thank you in advance.

at first I wanted to do my presentation on bullying but couldn't find a proper KI on that... can anyone help me with that? I need some inspirations... been trying to look up past TOK presentations on bullying but those presentations are not really TOK-ish so I don't have much idea on what KI could be drawn from this topic.

alternatively I've thought about freedom: How does our limitation of freedom hinder us in gaining knowledge? or something along those lines...but I'm afraid that the answer is pretty obvious as it's not so much related to knowledge whatsoever...

I really need some help, ideas on knowledge issues under bullying or freedom... please, I don't normally ask for too much help, right? but this time I really really need ideas so I hope you guys can understand. thank you in advance.

Hmmmmm, i'm not all to sure but stop me if you think i'm talking rubbish.

If someone is being bullied doesn't that lesson their perception of the world because they are constantly being oppressed. Thus lessening their ability to learn from normal situations because they'd be more hostile or scared of others later. I think it'd be better to look into child abuse instead of bullying (that came out wrong i apologise) because knowledge is harmed/developed more early in life.

With the freedom bit, i think this could link to philosophy because some people argue that we don't have free will thus making our knowledge sommmeeee form of an illusion.... nope i can't think of anything for that although it feels obvious haha

I don't know where i went with that last one so i'm going to stop while i'm ahead. I'll probably think more about it if i have the time

Hopefully i've helped in some way

• Like 1

Hm, that is a bit difficult.

For bullying maybe you can explore why people bully in the first place. In that sense you could talk about how much a person is shaped by their household, with a specific viewpoint on bullying. So this topic sorta brings up the whole nature vs. nurture aspect. How much do older influences affect a child's knowledge on how to deal with other people? Here you can then explore why some people bully, and why some don't as well as why some are bystanders.

You have to be a little more specific with what direction you want to take freedom with. Lack of freedom can hinder our knowledge HOWEVER, it can also create some of the wisest and most powerful people on the earth (ex. MLK Jr, Gandhi, etc.)So if you want to talk about freedom hindering our knowledge, you must identify a specific type of knowledge. Knowledge about what?

Or rather than just talk about freedom like people being oppressed, you can talk about one's freedom within themselves. Do the actions we commit freely chosen or are there always influences that determine our actions in the end. So to what extent are we truly free? Do we not consistently base our actions on the situation rather than do what we want? In that sense, are we really free to do whatever we want? Here you have to define what freedom truly is.

Hope I helped! Good luck :)

• Like 1

Well, the formation of a knowledge issue isn't something I would worry about too much.

Anything can be a KI.

For example, a simple "What is freedom?" is a very valid knowledge issue.

It's pretty broad, but it gives you a lot to work with, and lets you examine a lot of implications and different viewpoints.

Looking at freedom in religion could be very interesting. For example, people consider diety laws, such as Kosher to be restrictive, taking away some "freedoms". But a Jewish person may be more likely to focus on spiritual freedom as a "true" freedom.

Overall, I would pursue freedom rather than bullying. It's a lot more philosophical, and allows for a lot of cultural, religion, economic, personal, and many other viewpoints and analyses.

Hope this helps!