Sign in to follow this  

Dual Boot Vista/Ubuntu

Has anybody set up there system to dual boot into Vista and Ubuntu Linux? If so, what are the advantages of having Linux? Im contemplating doing this to see how Linux is but I just dont know. Any advice or info is good.

I've got instructions on how to do it, but I don't know about how well it works. A lot of people do it though:

[url="http://howtoforge.com/dual_boot_windows_xp_vista_ubuntu_feisty"]http://howtoforge.com/dual_boot_windows_xp...a_ubuntu_feisty[/url]

Dual boot is unlikely to slow down your system at all...

I've had dual boot systems for ages and never had a problem.

Ubuntu is the way to go. All you need to do is create a seperate partition to install it on :lol: , or use a live cd.

I personally like Vista better than any flavor of linux, but I would just like to add that you should try out other flavors of linux before you make Ubuntu your permanent one. I liked the Suse distribution better than Ubuntu because it was more geared to the things we were doing in our research lab. For me, Ubuntu just felt like it came with its training wheels on and they were a hassle to take off. Still, my ATI video card had something to say about me using linux at home, and the other reasons for why I like standardized Microsoft OS's better is a matter for a different thread entirely.