De-motivation?

ZiggyM

So I'm just wondering, and curious if this affects more people than just me. I'm going through a major stage of de-motivation.. it really is not good. My IB exams start in about 3 weeks, and yet I'm really struggling to simply sit down and study for hours on end! The course I've applied to at uni only requires me to get 33 points (highest requirement at the uni, makes me laugh (= ), and I'm currently predicted a 40. So there is one half of me that is going YOU HAVE TO GET OVER 40 WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING and the other half of me thinking it doesn't really matter in the long run, yadda yadda and I just can't wait for school to be over! I want to do well, I always have done, but it's just... yeh I really don't know. Someone told me somewhere that demotivation is actually a sign of stress? I have no idea...

Is this just me?

Do you have any solutions to my unmotivatedness?

Help! :)

Well, whatever the case, I suggest that you start studying! Demotivation is not a good thing. Let me say congratulations for making it so far. You've bled and fought and cried through this crud with your friends. Don't let your demotivation take your guard off! You've come so far, worked so hard, so why far short? In some cases, this demotivation could potentially drop one's guard completely, and they totally bomb the whole exam.

I sometimes get that too, but the feeling that I always have to do well in things I have endeavor, kicks in. Trust me, you will live to regret not doing well when you could have so easily.

It's IB exams! Pick up that book! You'll have the rest of your life to chill! Only three weeks! GOOD LUCK! :D

Think of it this way. You've worked SO hard up until this point (I'm sure you did since you're predicted 40 points). Do you really want all of that to go to waste? It's only 3 more weeks. Once that's done, you're FREE. So just sit down, get those books and study for three weeks. Just keep thinking that once exams are over, you're free to do whatever the heck you want. You've gotten this far, you don't want to give up now! I believe in you!!!

• Like 2

I get that a lot lol my pre-mocks are in one week time but I haven't revised at all...lol

I usually overcome that by actually slacking off one whole day or two, sleeping a lot (as much as I want to, for more than 10 hours) and usually the next day I feel ready to work my ass off, or I even feel I have to do so because I've wasted one or two days doing nothing (which I enjoy however).

think about what you want in the long run... you know getting IB45 and getting into the uni you want is A LOT better than getting IB33 and getting into the uni you want.

• Like 1

So I'm just wondering, and curious if this affects more people than just me. I'm going through a major stage of de-motivation.. it really is not good. My IB exams start in about 3 weeks, and yet I'm really struggling to simply sit down and study for hours on end! The course I've applied to at uni only requires me to get 33 points (highest requirement at the uni, makes me laugh (= ), and I'm currently predicted a 40. So there is one half of me that is going YOU HAVE TO GET OVER 40 WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING and the other half of me thinking it doesn't really matter in the long run, yadda yadda and I just can't wait for school to be over! I want to do well, I always have done, but it's just... yeh I really don't know. Someone told me somewhere that demotivation is actually a sign of stress? I have no idea...

Is this just me?

Do you have any solutions to my unmotivatedness?

Help! :)

:o I feel JUST like you (well,we could TOK argue it,but you know what I mean).

I've got an offer from a uni that I want to go to already and I'm a Nov 2011 candidate...

All I have to do is get a number of points (which I think I would get regardless) and bam,im in.

I have a lot of free lessons since one of my teachers went to the TOK conference and

for the past three "free" I havent been working.Im either bumming around or doing work really slowly.

Part of me thinks...I could really fail if I wanted to.But I do want to do well.I want to get

at least 35 points but its hard for me to get into gear.I'm so excited about my new life in university

I wish that I could just skip the exams and just graduate.

I'm just glad I' not the only one feeling this way!I'm not sure how to help you but I can just share in

your experience :console:

Tomorrow,since I have only a few lessons Im going to stay home and start revising.I've never done that before

and I don't know how it will go but its one of the last straws.

Good luck

Guest azntastic

haha this is what I do.

Come home from school.

Change.

Go to the gym across the gym.

1 hour workout.

Come back and shower.

You will now find it very very easy to focus and just plow through your work =P

works wonders. If you start getting distracted, do 30 push ups, 10 pull ups, and your preference of an ab exercise. repeat until failure or you're drenched with sweat. Take a hot and cold shower.

Don't think, just do

=]

HAHAHAHAHAAH oh dear, I wish!

Aside from the fact that I live in the middle of no where with no gym in the vicinity, I think you are overestimating my fitness levels!

Thank you though :) But seriously, me doing 10 pressups and one pullup let alone thirty and 10 is an absolute joke! teheheheh I wish....

Hello,

I have no started the year to my full potential, and I have all the intentions to change that. I am more or less behind in terms of acquired knowledge in almost every subject I am taking. I wish to be on top of my subject and be the best I can be. Do you guys have any organization tips, learning tips, previous experiences, advice on how to stay on track etc.

Thank you!

Nic

Hello,

I have no started the year to my full potential, and I have all the intentions to change that. I am more or less behind in terms of acquired knowledge in almost every subject I am taking. I wish to be on top of my subject and be the best I can be. Do you guys have any organization tips, learning tips, previous experiences, advice on how to stay on track etc.

Thank you!

Nic

Go to your teachers...tell them the same thing.

Ask for extra help/classes.

Speak to your IB coordinator and teachers and figure out where you are on your IA's.

I highly suggest you work on for an hour on Math everyday (Especially if you have HL math.)

Oh and Forget about a Social life, having fun etc. :read:

• 3 weeks later...