Sign in to follow this  

What books are on the exam (p1 and p2)

Yea....My teacher is a noob so what books are on the exam? Im an English 2012 May a1 hl candidate.

Or can I just use any text i studied?

Im planning on reading 3 (instead of 2 to be safe\) but I dont want to waste time rereading books that I wont be able to use.

Paper 1 is not based on any books you read. It is an unseen commentary on either a poem or piece of prose...you might have seen it before in general reading or whatever but you're not required to read books to prepare for this section.

Paper 2 is based off of your Part 3 works which are chosen by your school. For HL you will have 4 books usually based around a certain "style" such as prose, poetry, or drama, and then there are some general literature questions. You have to write on at least two of your four works. My school focuses on drama, and we read Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Waiting for Godot, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and one other I don't remember.

Edited by emyski
  • Like 1