How to pass Chemistry?

Phillip7000

Hello I am a IB student who failed to aquire a IB diploma on my 2011 march exam..

I have achived all good grades except HL Chemistry.

I am willing to only just pass the Chemistry HL.

I know that lab reports are something like 24% of finall grade and I need at least 3 as passing grade (which is combination of lab reports grade and exam final grades).

Sooo,what if i get (4, or 5 or 6) on my Lab reports, what exams grade I need to get in order to pass? (pls do the math for me)

Hello I am a IB student who failed to aquire a IB diploma on my 2011 march exam..

I have achived all good grades except HL Chemistry.

I am willing to only just pass the Chemistry HL.

I know that lab reports are something like 24% of finall grade and I need at least 3 as passing grade (which is combination of lab reports grade and exam final grades).

Sooo,what if i get (4, or 5 or 6) on my Lab reports, what exams grade I need to get in order to pass? (pls do the math for me)

5 or 6 would be a safe score for you. :D

If you want a 3 overall, I would aim for at least a 5 on your lab reports. This is because if you aim for a 3, you may actually get a 2 from your teacher because of errors you didn't consider, and then likely be moderated down again when your lab reports are sent to the IB for moderation. Therefore the safest thing is to aim for a 5 or higher.

In the exam, aim for a 4 at least for the same reasons mentioned above. Just read over your notes and practice questions from the question bank or past exams. Go over your tests and look at your mistakes and what you did well.

At least if you aim higher than what you need, you have something to fall back on if you don't do as well as expected, plus if you do just as well/better than expected, you will be pleasantly surprised. :)