If you could turn back the hands of time would you have chosen IB

I wouldn't take it back, not for anything. Sure there were days when I would have said otherwise, but now that I'm through it I can honestly say I owe a lot to IB.

I came into it expecting a lot of college credit, and that was about it. Unfortunately, a lot of the colleges and universities I was interested in didn't take IB credit because it's so new to the area. That's not to say IB isn't as great as we all thought it was as far as university is concerned - I know quite a few people in my graduating class who received a full ride due to IB. Anyway, by the time it came for me to be applying, though, that wasn't as important to me anymore. I'd gotten really close to my advisor, our class was like a family because there were so few of us, I learned a lot about myself and what I wanted to do with my life because of the people around me and the variety of coursework I had to take on. I learned to love TOK as it taught me a lot about myself and others, and while we all dream of getting a certain score at the end of it all, most of us came out of it knowing we're more than a number and what we learned here is invaluable. I fear that this isn't always true of IB schools from some others I've talked to, but that's what we got out of it.

If there's anything I'd change, it'd be to do ANYTHING to get me out of my Chemistry class. The teacher hated IB, we received no help, and I just didn't like it to begin with. I took it because it was SL, and at our school that meant one year, and the only other option at the time was Biology HL. As it turns out, I resat for the exam this year anyway because my score the first time around was just sad. Definitely would have taken four HLs than deal with that class again, and probably would have gotten a better score.

Yeah, the workload is intense, but now I know I can handle just about anything I think.