Extended Essay Topic Economics

Alexander Mix

Hi guys,

My school wants us to start our research pretty early which means I'm barely 6 weeks in the program and MUST find a topic in the following week.

I barely have a feeling if the question is broad or narrow. BUT I have a few ideas.

Topic: Economics/ Business

Area: Subsidies and Laws in the form of: How did the government interference X influence the demand/ price/ revenue etc for product/service Y.

Sample: How does the new dutch coffee shop regulation influence Amsterdams coffee shops. (I would actually love this topic, because I could also collect primary source research BUT i' still afraid of writing about drugs.)

Idea: How do the European/ German subsidies for German farmers affect the milk industrie in country X in Africa. Intending to do some pro-con subisdies. I would also with this love to collect primary research from farmers or politicians etc.

My questions are:

1. What do you think of my question so far?

2. What do you think of this type of question in general?

Thanks for your help!

Alex

Hi guys,

My school wants us to start our research pretty early which means I'm barely 6 weeks in the program and MUST find a topic in the following week.

I barely have a feeling if the question is broad or narrow. BUT I have a few ideas.

Topic: Economics/ Business

Area: Subsidies and Laws in the form of: How did the government interference X influence the demand/ price/ revenue etc for product/service Y.

Sample: How does the new dutch coffee shop regulation influence Amsterdams coffee shops. (I would actually love this topic, because I could also collect primary source research BUT i' still afraid of writing about drugs.)

Idea: How do the European/ German subsidies for German farmers affect the milk industrie in country X in Africa. Intending to do some pro-con subisdies. I would also with this love to collect primary research from farmers or politicians etc.

My questions are:

1. What do you think of my question so far?

2. What do you think of this type of question in general?

Thanks for your help!

Alex

Um, for me, they're already ok, given that its specific, but not too much.

Just a question, do you think you could actually get the data you need?

You may want to check the availability of the data so that you won't have a hard time writing it.

For more info, you could, I presume, re-check this: