Questions concerning EE

QueenSara

Hello people,

This will be my first post in this almighty forum!
Nice :lol:
However, let's get right to the problems:
- Extended Essay front page, how should it look?
- How should the EE be structured?
- What kind of sources is OK to use when the topic is concerning literature (English A2)?

I put my trust in your help guys! :D

[b]- Extended Essay front page, how should it look?[/b]
Depends. Sometimes it is enough with just the topic, subtitle centered and then name, candidate code, school, supervisor and date somewhere in the margin. Some schools have front page templates though. Ask your school if they do. If not, just make a fancy simple frontpage :(

[b]- How should the EE be structured?[/b]
This also depends on the subject. Some EE's are divided into categories while others have a flowing text as to not disrupt the content. However, the main thing is: table of content, introduction, body, summary/conclusion. But as I said, it depends on the subject. If you're doing it in A2, then it might be a good idea to divide it into 'arguments' or 'approaches'. For example, say you want to discuss the theme of rivalry in a book and then perhaps the categories are: context, character history, language/tone, symbols and motifs. This is an example. I cannot come up with something else. I had mine divided up into different years (i.e childhood, adolscene, adulthood) because I was discussing development. The syllabus has the following structure as a guide but it does not have to be fixed in the exact structuring as it varies between topic and subject.
· Title page
· Abstract
· Contents page
· Introduction
· Body (development/methods/results)
· Conclusion
· References and bibliography
· Appendices
[b]
- What kind of sources is OK to use when the topic is concerning literature (English A2)? [/b]
The main source for literature is your primary work (the books/drama etc). It is VERY important that you support your argument by your primary source. Then the secondary sources could include literary criticism, articles or any other source that could support your arguments. Make sure however that is is [u]RELEVANT[/u]. If you can't find literary cirticism, then ask your English teacher or EE supervisor for suggestion. One good thing is to check the local or closest university library. You can also find a lot online such as at scholars.google.com but make sure it has authenic and a real published work with author, reference, date and etc.

As always, make a clear reference page for whenever you use a statement or citation from someone else.

Try to [i][b]AVOID s[/b][/i]ites such as sparknotes, bookrags, cliffnotes and such.

• Like 1