What can I do for CAS?

Hi everyone.Thanks for replying to all my queries . Again I need help. We have to complete 11 journal diaries before Dec.2,2011 to qualify in consultation.I already started off my creativity(Bharatanatyam) but since DIWALI Vacation is starting so I won't have a time to complete my journals. As in they are giving holidays.......He even had some issues with signing the Proposal Form so right now I am in big trouble.I have to find other activity within two days....................please suggest me anything...........Please please please...HELP I WILL APPRECIATE

do some small activity like painting or something.

get your art teacher to sponser it. and get it signed off by her.

And honestly, i have Diwali holidays as well in my school. Yet my CAS coordinator is signing ALL forms till April 2012.

Hi everyone.Thanks for replying to all my queries . Again I need help. We have to complete 11 journal diaries before Dec.2,2011 to qualify in consultation.I already started off my creativity(Bharatanatyam) but since DIWALI Vacation is starting so I won't have a time to complete my journals. As in they are giving holidays.......He even had some issues with signing the Proposal Form so right now I am in big trouble.I have to find other activity within two days....................please suggest me anything...........Please please please...HELP I WILL APPRECIATE

Take cooking classes from your friend?

Ask your college friend to teach you something?

Take online classes/courses that can be counted as CAS?

:D

Try doing a beach/park cleanup(s)!

Visit a homeless or elderly shelter to entertain them/cook for them/read for them

tutor a younger student

hope this helps!

Ask your CAS supervisor if you can do some of the activities during your vacations and in order to prove you actually perform some activities you'd tape them, when you go back to school and if your CAS supervisor approves this, she/he might be able to sign the forms you need, its just an idea, unless your CAS supervisor definitely hates you.

Btw, if you're going to the beach for your vacations you should take scuba diving lessons! (That sounds freaking funny, I would take them even without CAS hours), and other activities. The important thing is getting to an agreement with your supervisor, try to be nice and explain your limitations.

Hello :)

I'm sorry. I'm not quite sure I understand your dilemma? You have until Dec 2nd of this year to catch up on your CAS reflections, correct? But you are looking for more activities? But... since this is your vacation time, your CAS coordinator (most likely) won't be approving any of your activities? And you need to find other activities quick??

Alright, here are my suggestions:

Creativity

1) Do you play an instrument? If so, I think it would be wise to pick a song that is above your musical level and try your best to learn it. As proof, you could submit (in the meantime) your practicing schedule along with any small goals you are aiming to fulfill (eg: my personal goal was to learn the first page of Arabesque No.1 -Debussy- before my next piano lesson. I... didn't quite meet that goal, I hadn't mastered the last line on the first page... but I was still very close :) ) When you are done, you may submit yourself playing your piece for more proof in your reflections.

Action

2) Do you swim? You can go to the pool and work on your endurance. Maybe work on your cardio at home, or at the local gym? And then you can do laps at the pool. If you don't want to do swimming, this can also work for any physically demanading activity. (Eg Running, sprinting, distance run, biking, football, rugby, hockey...)

Service --> get those volunteer applications filled out!!

3) You can bake (or LEARN how to bake which I am hoping counts for CAS) and then bring your cookies/goodies to a place of your choice. (eg an elderly home).

4) You can most definitely try to get involved with the hospital. That looks terrific on any resumés.

If I think of anything else, my friend, I'll definitely post them up for you! :) I've given other ideas on other CAS related threads as well, if you're interested on trying to hunt them down :)

EDIT: It might be because my CAS coordinator is more flexible, but... I have been able to complete activities in the past before she was even able to approve them. I've made the mistake a few times of putting my activities up after they were already completed, and some other times it was because she just forgot to approve them. But then she didn't make a big fuss about it because I had done my part with finding a supervisor, getting their contact information, putting in a good description of the activity, and submitting reflections.

Edited by Cupcakes <3
  • Like 1

Hey I do swimming.....as Physical recreation(Action). I know I also want to learn instrument but its difficult to find good teacher cause I have been learning Guitar but it wasn't that good. Anyway its nice idea to ask friends if they know.Well my cas coordinator doesn't have a problem to sign but my supervisor had.

Hey I do swimming.....as Physical recreation(Action). I know I also want to learn instrument but its difficult to find good teacher cause I have been learning Guitar but it wasn't that good. Anyway its nice idea to ask friends if they know.Well my cas coordinator doesn't have a problem to sign but my supervisor had.

Well it's really important that your CAS supervisor is on board with what they are required to do BEFORE you start your project.. otherwise you'll end up in some trouble :/

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and one more thing..if your familiar with Bharatanatyam then why not complete your Arungetrum? That counts much more for CAS and its a big plus for University. Its tough work but its worth the effort. You school WILL understand and should definitely accept CAS hours for it.

(My apologies to Non-Indians if they don't understand.)