Ib or not?

Sundayrosee

Hi guys :) I've just started ib diploma programme.Well i think ib will be really helpful with improving my skills, my self and to see my limits. But i am not sure if i can handle it or not :( I take hl maths, chemistry and bio. sl eco, Tra1, English b. What do u think about my hls and sls? And how long do i need to study guys i really need your advises :sadnod: And i ll also take SAT so how should i study for it? :rolleyes: tyy :3 :hug:

Hey! :D Welcome to the IB life lol

Well i think your choices are fairly good though maths HL is hard and you need to give your all. Some of my HL friends struggle with it and drop down all the way to studies. Not to discourage you but if you're confident in maths then go for it! :D But Bio is fairly easy since i take it myself. As for studying, you should make a studying timetable but as you start getting assignments, you'll find out that it's really hard to find time to study. But you shouldn't study all the time, you need to rest too. So my advice, sit down and prepare a small timetable on the specific days you wish to study on and see how it goes. A maximum could be 2 hours a day probably? For the SAT thing i really don't know. Never took the SAT and don't think i will. But best of luck! Hope i helped. XD

Edited by kim luffy
  • Like 1

We take the same HL's. Math and Chem HL are quite enjoyable, and Bio to a lesser extent.

Biology shouldn't be an issue, just content heavy with plenty of memorizing.

Only take HL Math if you sincerely enjoy it.

HL Chemistry also needs practice but is certainly manageable.

Personally I went ahead and basically learnt the majority of syllabus content this year during my spare time.

If you prioritize you will succeed.

• Like 1

Soo sorry for the late reply guys :( Tysm all for the replies tho they are very usefull for mee :thankyou::heart: Well i think i can't change my hl math to sl caz i want a medical school and most of them want hl maths and i don't really like math tho :crying: So i have to study, i have to study much, i have to study as much as i can, i have to study as hell.. :unsure::headchop::D Btw guys i hope all of you, us will succeed at the exams and get a great diplomaa!! :win::yep:

Soo sorry for the late reply guys :( Tysm all for the replies tho they are very usefull for mee :thankyou::heart: Well i think i can't change my hl math to sl caz i want a medical school and most of them want hl maths and i don't really like math tho :crying: So i have to study, i have to study much, i have to study as much as i can, i have to study as hell.. :unsure::headchop::D Btw guys i hope all of you, us will succeed at the exams and get a great diplomaa!! :win::yep:

You don't need HL Maths for Med unless it's the UK or something. And goodluck to you as well!

You don't need HL Maths for Med unless it's the UK or something. And goodluck to you as well!

Oh reallyy :o ty for the info tho and thankss!! :)

Hey, I've recently started the first year of the IB diploma, and im already starting to feel some load on my shoulders, it is so different from pre-IB were it was basically chilling.

And thinking about this i came to ask myself, what do you actually get by completing IB? Cause afterall you study the same as other highschools. Is the only thing you get more "prestige"?