Sign in to follow this  

Would Math Studies affect my application to certain Universities

I plan on majoring in either Political Science or International Relations (which one is better in the long run?) and i'm wondering if certain universities would accept math studies as my math course, and if so would it affect my chances of actually getting in at all? I plan on applying to American University, George Washington University, and Boston University.

Not too sure about the specific universities you mentioned but yes there are unis that do not accept math studies. Example: University of Toronto.

However, since you're not studying something math-related you should be able to get into most universities with math studies.

• Like 1

isn't IR a bit economical? for the economical courses they sometimes require Maths HL but usually Maths SL will do, but Maths Studies won't be accepted I don't think.

the best way is to stick with Maths SL (or upgrade to it if you're currently at Maths St) and check with the universities you want to go to, what their requirements are (including subject requirements)!