Asking for too much?

Valentyn

Over the last cycle I had been studying entry requirments for different places. I found a couple of universities which, in my opinion, are simply asking for too much. For example:

Bath: Business administration - 38 typical offer

Notts: Economics - 38 typical offer

Dont you guys think these places should really settle down in terms of their requirments? Are there any more places like this in areas, other than business or economics?

It would be interesting to hear what you all have to say

well bath university is considered quite a good one, so i think that they have a right to ask for 38..

offer for nottingham seems quite high, but it is economics. it is generally 1-2 points lower for business

on the whole i believe that sometimes entry requirements are too small.. if you want to study at one of the top universities, you have to be one of the top students.. simple...

For Bath I think it's pretty reasonable, because they are known for having crazy conditionals! even for A-level students. I think big G has a little story about that :D

as for nottingham and econ, it's ranked the 5th in the country... Economics is a very respected subject, so you'd expect a high conditional for it if you're gonna study in a top 5 Uni. I mean lufbra is number 1 for media, but media isn't repescted at all :) in fact people think it's a waste of time and money :hug: hence why the highest conditional for it is a 34

You could've just said it IS a waste of time and money :P

bite me! you won't be saying that when I'm a famous freelancer writing for all them journals and newspapers will ya! you just wait boi! and stop spamming :D

thread locked!