How to make the contents page

Guest -Guns of Steel-

I have to say I really enjoyed making my contents page ! (Good brainnumbing stuff :) )

A table is absolutely fine, it's what I used. However once I had everything lined up and spaced as I wanted it I just made the lines disappear. And voila! A contents page that doesn't look like it's in a table but it actually is :)

I found this useful for mine because I had subsections within my sections, so to get those lined up properly I divided table segments into two and played around with the width and all of that.

I had a very complicated contents page, and it worked for me! I would say the reason your teacher doesn't want a table is simply because it looks messy? You can get the functionality out of it without all the yucky lines :)

Are you using Microsoft Word?

do you use Microsoft Word 2007/10? if so, you can select your headings (titles for each chapter) and select the style for Heading 1. for sub chapters you can use the style for Heading 2, or Heading 3 for sub sub chapters. then for the Table of Contents, you just insert an automated Table of Contents. you don't need to do anything to make it pretty, it looks good already. and if you add more chapters (more headings), you can just Update the Table of Contents. very nice to use, right?