Sign in to follow this  

IB past papers punishment

"If anyone is discovered with sharing exams, he can't get his diploma, nor can he get one in three years. This is the reason why many sites go down, the admins get scared."

Is this true? or would this be just an in-school thing...?

Where did you get this? :(

I believe this can not be true, and I believe it is actually illegal to ban someone from the programme for sharing exams. Sharing exams online publicly IS copyright infringement and hence it does break the law. However, this does not give IBO or any school for that matter the permission to expel someone from the program for such action - it would be against the laws of at least European countries. If a candidate breaks the law by infringing copyrights, IBO cannot take action on its own, instead it must go to court and the infringer will be fined but CERTAINLY not expelled from IB.

Ivan is right. The issue is generally regarding copyright infringement, and has nothing to do with the diploma. I have my diploma and unless the IBO is able to find hard evidence that I cheated in my exams (as opposed to pure luck and/or genius :) ) my diploma is safe.

If the IBO finds something on the site they deem a copyright infringement, I'll get an e-mail :hug: and I'll sort it out. Otherwise, if you find places to download past papers, do so at your own will. I did, and they helped A LOT!