Tips for studying paper 2

spiderwebb

Practice papers, lots and lots of them.

I suggest going over your reaction pathways for HL Organic, try drawing it from memory, with all the conditions/catalysts as this usually comes up somewhere in the paper. Basically just go over the syllabus and check that you can do everything it says! Often the questions in a section lead on from each other so start figuring out what kind of things to look for that carry through a question, where you might get errors carried forward if you can't see how to do the first part. Also the same type of questions often come up in Section B, eg there is usually one on organic, one on acid and bases, one on energetics etc. So just lots of papers really!

• Like 2

you can try to revise from the syllabus. go through each point and make sure you know all the stuff written there.

usually, I just go through my notes because I'm just taking Chem SL, I've known most of the stuff off my head :P so lucky I'm not taking HL! but if I have the time I'll go through the syllabus.

• Like 1