CAS Action

kimjaed

Hello,

I proposed two Action activities to my CAS coordinator, Track & Field and weight-training, and she was okay with Track & Field, but weight-training was apparently a problem to her. I proposed to workout 4 hours a week, 2 hours at school,and 2 hours at my residence. The problem is that at school, my personal coach is not always in the gym, but there is always some other coach supervising. Basically, what I do is ask my coach for a weekly workout and much of the training is carried out on my own. Still my personal coach checks like once a week to see my general progress. I don't understand how this could be a problem, since there is always an adult supervising the gym, even if it's not my personal coach. At my residence, it would have to be my own father who supervises me, but still the general workout is the same. I could provide solid evidence of this through photos.My goals are to lead a healthier lifestyle and greater muscular strength and physical condition. To me, it seems that my proposed project of weight-training covers the necessary aspects of a CAS project, so I don't get why this would be a problem. What do you think?

In my experience, a CAS project involved a whole bunch of people or IB candidates working together. A CAS project also covers two or three of the components of CAS; I only see the action aspect from where you are headed. In addition, your father does not qualify as a legitimate supervisor as IB does not favour family.