Best Way To Study

chanendelerbong

Yeah, going through the syllabus is pretty useful, since it has everything down that you need to know. It will make sure you spend enough time studying for all the aspects and topics, instead of focusing too much on one, less on another, or even leaving things out completely.

Going through your notes and doing papers is sufficient enough I would say O.0 if you can do that and ideally practise everyday, ask questions and take initiative to do homework, you will be fine.

Going further, in Chem there are things you must memorize. Whether you are a visual/auditory/kinesthetic learner, you can devise strategies to remember that things you need to. I try to picture things and remember specific examples so when a generic question is given to me, I just picture the question as a start and it helps me carry the rest through.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Hi! Apologies in advance if this has been asked already.

But what do you think is the best way to study for Chem besides doing practice papers and obviously going through your notes?

Is going through the syllabus an efficient way to study?

Thanks!

Hey!

My study method is the following:

- Syllabus (Try to mark with an X or * the points that you don't understand, and check them when you are ready to).

- Pay attention in class.

- Study 3/4 days in advance (I'm doing Chemistry SL so i guess that's enough).

- Doing past paper exams, and writing down the answer of KEY definitions or explanations (For example, the principles of VSEPR theory or relative atomic/molecular mass).

- Listening to some inspirational/calm music (009 Sound System is a good example of a band i usually listen to. Also, listening to music might not work for everyone).

- Do not get distracted... That happens to me a lot. I just turn off the internet or remove the computer cable.

Therefore, the syllabus is NECESSARY if you want to get a good grade.

Hope i helped. PM me if you need anything else in further detail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one thing that saved my chemistry grade was going through my notes and the syllabus, and writing out my own notes to every objective. It makes sure that you cover every point in the syllabus, and making your own notes specific to the syllabus makes sure that you are really understanding every point, and highlights points to yourself about certain concepts you dont have the best understanding of which you most likely would have missed just reading over the notes you already have. I didnt have the best chemistry teacher so it was essential for me to teach a lot of the syllabus to myself, but even if you have a good teacher, it will still help a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I make notes using the syllabus requirements as headings.

But honestly, I still find that the best way to study is to every exam you can get your hands on!

That's it, basically everything you've already stated. I think if I did more I'd just be overwhelmed. Sometimes when it comes to studying, less is more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know that studying the Neuss book topics cumulatively really helps and then taking a practice exam. I plan on studying a month in advance. So far, I pretty sure I can get a 6 easily, but I'm aiming for a 7. I've just stuck to a good study schedule all year to get there.

For me the best way was (from all experimental sub.) Study Guides and doing allll the things in question banks. The answers are very simillar in most questions. When you will learn what they expect from you to write in each question you will do good in most questions, in some general knowledge and understanding of the topics is strongly advised