Understanding EE Rubric

HiddenDreamer

That statement just means that you have an argument that you developed and explained rather than just stated. By analyze it means just that -- you looked at how it happened/how it is presented, why it happened/is presented that way, and what that means. It also means that you evaluated and came to a conclusion after considering alternate viewpoints and counterarguments. This could also include reflecting on an experimental procedure (biology/chemistry/physics), evaluating sources/doing OPVL (history), for example. The subject part just refers to how you will be analyzing based on what subject your EE falls under.

• Like 1

That statement just means that you have an argument that you developed and explained rather than just stated. By analyze it means just that -- you looked at how it happened/how it is presented, why it happened/is presented that way, and what that means. It also means that you evaluated and came to a conclusion after considering alternate viewpoints and counterarguments. This could also include reflecting on an experimental procedure (biology/chemistry/physics), evaluating sources/doing OPVL (history), for example. The subject part just refers to how you will be analyzing based on what subject your EE falls under.

So I am doing my essay on cross-dressing in Shakespeare and empowerment... for my essay I studied certain characters throughout the novel and how the male disguise helped them gain power. Would that work under this criteria?