UCAS offer question

Valentyn

So
Say ive got two offers: uni A asks 30 IB points and uni B asks 29. If I set A as firm (logical) and B asinsyrance, and then get 45 points in the end, will I still be able to say: no, I actually wanna go to uni B and decline A's offer?
*Without reaplying or clearing??

And will I have to pay a fine if in the end i decide to go a uni in another

i dont know whether there might be some exceptions, but generally no, you cannot decline your firm choice and take an insurance choice instead..

this is why you have to think a lot before taking a firm choice.. the fact that uni A asks for more, doesn't mean that it is better.. especially when the difference is just one point..
in this case i offer you do some research about both unis and decide which one you like more..

p.s. in general this system of firm and insurance choices is made in case you do not meet the requirements of your firm choice.. so it would seem quite illogical to take firm 30 and insurance 29. the difference is simply too small and if you receive 28 you get no unis. and if you are planning to receive more points then take some good uni with higher requirements and another one as an insurance with lower requirements (but you still have to want to study there)

yes you may, it takes a small phone call to ucas and they can change your thing. But the problem may be with your accomodation, as some Unis don't guarantee insurance students accomodation! e.g loughborough :hug: so think about which you want to be your firm very carefully before u accept.