How much do you study per night for IB?

Ji Jing Meng

Well I guess it depends. I've got some evenings so packed up with homework that it's impossible just to sit/lie down and learn. Also, if you can remember a lot from classes you don't need to study as much as someone who doesn't pay attention during classes. With some material you can have problems so naturally you need more time to learn it but some parts of material you can embrace fast. So find out how's the best way to study for you :)

I don't study. Or set out time per day to study as in revise. I just do the homework I get on the day for the next day. I guess I'm more task orientated then time orientated. Whenever I want something done, I focus on it to the point where I get it done for that day. And to be honest, I work according to whichever deadline comes up first. I have no plan. I'm not the best IB student there is, I'm just about getting the hang of time management for revision as I've started revision for my final exams....

• Like 1

My English teacher suggests that we do 25 hours total each week. This includes homework AND revision.

I don't set out time each night to do revision/study, I just complete my homework. That said, if I get all my homework done then I take the time to write good notes for wherever we're up to in class, in every subject. I guess that counts as revision in a way, but still, I don't have a set time for study.

i don't study. i just usually do my homework. :D

edit:

probably that's because if i do not get enough sleep i'm just not able to concentrate, so i prefer to sleep and concentrate, instead of learning and sleeping during all my classes - i can learn more paying attention during them, than studying at night

Edited by Anima Vilis
  • Like 1

I don't study. Or set out time per day to study as in revise. I just do the homework I get on the day for the next day. I guess I'm more task orientated then time orientated. Whenever I want something done, I focus on it to the point where I get it done for that day. And to be honest, I work according to whichever deadline comes up first. I have no plan. I'm not the best IB student there is, I'm just about getting the hang of time management for revision as I've started revision for my final exams....

you're lying! you used to say "I've got to revise for Physics/Maths/Chem" everyday <_<

back to topic,

study as in revision or doing work? if it's the latter, I spend 3-5 hours to do work on weekdays and up to 10 hours on weekends.

This question has been asked many times before, please search before asking a question mate.

On topic, study as much is needed to be able to understand what your teacher teaches the next lesson. This way you will never fall behind on your studies. In general, the first year of IB is not that complex and you will see for yourself that you'll always have extra time. Unfortunately, the second year, your schedule will fill up fast and you then need to put more effort and time on your studies.

Just a word of advice, take things one step at a time and never lose the ambition that lead you to choose IB and you'll be fine.

Good Luck Mate.