Math Contests

iHubble

Oh hey, I'm also doing the COMC. Forgot that is' coming up soon :P

To be honest, I'm probably not going to do a whole lot of preparation, although I should probably at least do a few practice problems or something when I have time. I'm probably not going to completely wing it, but I'm not freaking out too much about it either. I mean, it's just a math contest. Unless your university application depends on it or something :P

I've done the Waterloo contests every single year since grade 9, but unfortunately, I did not have the chance to participate to provincial finals. I also did the AMC12 last year, and it was SO hard compared to Waterloo contests. I've also done the COMC 2010 (last year), 2009 and 2008 (both about two weeks ago). I guess I'll have to do the 2007 and I'll be fine, since the number one math brain is now in College! :blum:

ahaha I feel somewhat incompetent, I've taken the AMC twice (one was in grade 10, AMC 10; the other one was in grade 11, AMC 12) and I only got certificate of participation for both -___- haha but I've joined the ICAS Maths in grade 10 and that's a lot easier.

anyone knows any international competition that can be taken online? I'm not very well informed on this so yeah, need more info... I don't even know local competitions haha so I rarely join them.