History IA Topic Help!

lgthrill

Right now I need to write my History IA and I am having a very hard time picking a topic to write on. My first idea was "What Were The Causes Of The Boston Massacre?" and I did about 5 hours of research on it and when I presented it to my teacher, she stated that I couldn't use that question let alone use the Boston Massacre at all because it wasn’t a narrow enough of a topic. I was really confused by that because I thought that my topic was narrow and sufficient for my IA. Now I really don’t know what to decide on for a topic. I really want to stay away from WWI and WWII because many people are doing that already. Can anyone suggest a topic for me to write on?

i've got the same problem.. mine is sth. like "What were the differences in attitudes of People living in Berlin towards the fall of the Belrin Wall?" but it's connected with WW2

Maybe something connected with quite recent problems, like WTC or about French kings, or French revolution? you should choose something that interests you and it is always easier to write about something you have studied, so as far as i do not know what are your topics on your history lessons it is hard to help you :)

you can look through other topics about History IA, they might help you invent a topic! :D

It's hard to propose topics for you since we don't really know what you're interested or what history you learn. If you learn History of the Americas, you could pick something related to that since you'll probably have more knowledge in that area. Same for if you were learning about European, African, Asian, etc. history.

But, try to find something you are interested in that you can find a variety of sources on (both primary and secondary) and is narrow enough to be effectively completed in 2000 words. 2000 words is nothing! You've stated that you're not interested in WWI and WWII, and it's totally possible to think of an IA topic that doesn't relate to either of those. You could focus on an individual's role in an event, you could focus on a major event, or you could analyze a policy and to what extent it was successful/unsuccessful to its goal. Just some ideas. :)