Singapore IB School Rankings

Argiyama

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring up this after 3 years lol... but this school has produced better results and according to wikipedia.

In 2001 School Principal Ong told The Straits Times that "we have corporal punishment for some serious offences. But the rules are stated clearly in the school handbook and we have to be consistent in applying them."[22]

A publicity document for entry into the school's International Baccalaureate (IB) programme from age 16/17 to age 18/19 says that a punishment for violations of the school's academic honesty policy is "Caning (only for male students) which will be conducted in the Principal’s office, classroom or during school assembly." "All students who have been caned will be required to attend counselling sessions arranged by the school."[23]

Wow... What a hot discussion. Considering myself being a part of the big ACS family, I'd like to confirm that what tournedos said was true. All true, as far as I know.

The most important thing that I want to stress here is that the teachers do NOT do the IAs for the students, but they do give general tips from various sources regarding how to write good IAs. One of the old teachers in ACS(I) moved to teach in my school (ACS Jakarta) and he told us why ACSI could be such a good school, graduating really excellent students. That's one of the main reasons apart from the competitiveness.