Internal Assessment Topic - World War II Propaganda

Simone

So, I want to do my history IA on WWII propaganda, but I need help narrowing down my topic. I'm really unsure of what to do, or if this topic is even worth writing about, as this is my first internal assessment ever. Can anyone help me out here? It would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

My IA was somewhat similar to yours, but for a different time period. However, I think it can be successfully done, as long as you avoid making it too broad. For example, what if you limit down to a country, like Germany or the UK? You could even further narrow it down by limiting it to one form of media, such as posters/movies/newspapers/etc. Lastly, you could limit it to the messages of the propaganda (portrayal of women/enemy/etc). I hope this helps!

You really need to pay attention to how much you think you can write in the word limit. When I was doing my IA, I really struggled getting the work down to the right number of words. If you are unsure about what topic to do, you can look through past paper 2s or 3s if you are doing HL. You can usually base a good IA around the exam questions. It may be boring, but it really helps for revision later on.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!

I am writing a paper on propaganda in WWII as well. Did you come up with a good topic? I need help!

Maybe you should try reading about your topic as opposed to hoping a narrow idea will come to you? When you read broadly, you will begin to accumulate knowledge that can eventually be narrowed down into an IA.