Computer based art in Visual Arts HL

Tensai

So far this year, most of my work for IB Visual Art HL has been digital work (drawn with a tablet in GIMP or Inkscape) and I just wanted to make sure this was allowed. My teacher originally said it was, but now she's second guessing herself and it's freaking me out because I really don't want to throw out half my work so far. So is it allowed? What will the examiner think? I'm saving all my files, and I figured I could have my laptop at the examination to show the examiner the progress of the piece (so they know I didn't steal it from the internet, because apparently that's why they haven't liked digital art in the past).

Please reassure me D:

Edited by Tensai

It's fine, from my understanding. Two of my pieces are finalized as digital, while my third is using a digital implement. As long as you show you progress, preferably with photos or screenshots, in your book, you're fine. But note that the examiners look for both breadth and depth. So it may be a good idea to include some mixed media in there too. It may also be recommended that you video screen capture your illustration process to show the examiner.

• Like 1