What to do now?

ayeyoubby

I found my resources, and I wrote out my outline for my HI, but now I don't know what to do. My English is really poor, and the amount of books that I'll have to read for this HI is enormous. I already read 3 thinner books, and working on my 4th one.

My problem is, what do I do now?

I don't know how to start, or where to start.. =( Do I type out ideas from books, and foot-note them right after? Or Do I just start typing, then footnote them later?

Btw, my school wants us to finish our rough draft by the end of December, and will be handed back to us after semester two to do some revising.. What do I do with the books? keep on renewing them? What were most of your sources from?

Hi, I would suggest that as you're reading your books you write down quotes or information that is relevant and fits in your outline and put the bibliography reference with it. If you start just typing it, footnote it to keep track of your references, it's is easier than putting in your footnotes at the end. I ended up flicking through my books searching for where I pulled my info from for my footnotes!

It sounds like you have an outline, so just sort of "fill in the gaps" with the information that you find from your research is probably the best idea I can give you. As long as you have your main ideas down, your teacher should be able to correct any serious english errors or parts that dont make sense. English is my first language, and my teacher still re-worded lots of my HI to make it read better.

Most of my sources were books but I also used the internet for propaganda poster references. I had to keep renewing my books but thankfully i'm friends with the librarian in my town and she waived my overdue fees when i renewed them late!

I hope this post helped in some way & best of luck!

This is what I did when I wrote my EE in History (which is pretty much a longer historical investigation): as you read the books, write stuff down. Like, big chunks and paragraphs and anything that you can quote or re-word later as you write your investigation. I wrote my EE by hand because I felt it was easier to hold the book and handwrite at the same time than to hold the book and type. But do whatever is easier for you. After you have everything written down, you can start formulating your own ideas and putting everything together. Footnote AFTER you're done your entire rough draft, or else it's too confusing. About the books, just keep them in a bookshelf until you have to write your final copy. I mean, it's unlikely you'll have time to work on them after you hand your draft in, so I suggest re-reading them for you final copy and adding/editing your draft when you get it back. Good luck!