2011 IB Grade Boundaries

w0nemi

My exam's in a few days, and I read on this website, that to get a 7, you need 68%, however from the graduates I spoke to last year, they said that the grade boundary for a 7 is 73%. I was kinda confused, so I just wanted to make it clear.

Is it 68%? Or higher? Because it's the NOV exam, or 73%+ ?

Thanks!

Edited by w0nemi

Thanks for the site! So does it hover around 70% after the IA, Paper 1, and 2 have been added together?

A 7 for IA is 15-20

A 7 for P1 is 30-46

A 7 for P2 is 17-22

Total for 7 is 62-88

62/88 = 70%

So yea, I would give or take a couple marks depending on the year. So around 60-64 marks.

It seems like quite a low grade boundary compared to other subjects.

Is psychology marked very harshly, or what? :S

Probably because it's quite subjective and marks tend to be lower. Physics and Math HL have low boundaries as well but its because they're just plain hard though.

Thanks for the site! So does it hover around 70% after the IA, Paper 1, and 2 have been added together?

A 7 for IA is 15-20

A 7 for P1 is 30-46

A 7 for P2 is 17-22

Total for 7 is 62-88

62/88 = 70%

So yea, I would give or take a couple marks depending on the year. So around 60-64 marks.

I find that kind of odd, because last year's grade boundaries were 73% and even if you get over 15 for IA, 30 for P1, and 17 for P2, it still doesn't add up to 73%. The grades for the IAs and such as the same as 2010, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard from my teacher that now, with the new syllabus, the grade boundary for a 7 is now around 80%. Is this true? :S

Unless your teacher is quoting that statistics straight from the most recent psychology subject report for May, then it is made-up. Ask him/her to show you the subject report to know for sure :).