Sign in to follow this  

Fractions in IAs?

I'm currently unable to access Word and that converts all fractions like this (1/2) into the stacked format, right? Will I get technology points knocked off if I leave them in the wide version?

Sorry if this isn't the right place!

I dont really understand, do you want to write a fraction in Word? Go to insert, then equation and then personalized/other one.... Just write it taking into account the options the editor gives you.

yes you will get docked marks if this is an IA. Download MathType. It has a lot of math symbols

I'm actually waiting to download MathType until I need it for something more dependent on formatting. Thanks a lot though!

yes you might be penalised up to 2 mark for criterion A.

you might still get 1 out of 2 marks though. the guide says:

Students should take care to write in appropriate mathematical symbols by hand if the word processing software does not supply them. Calculator or computer notation should not ad used. Notation such as x^2 or ABS(x) should not ad used and such use will ad penalised. A single shortcoming would not preclude the awarding of level 2.

so you might get one mark...