Is my History EE too broad?

scooby12m

The question i'm using is "Nikolai Bhukarin stated "I am innocent of those crimes to which I admitted" to what extent is this true?". However I was wondering if my title wasn't broad enough or if I might have any problem reaching the 4000 words. For the sources right now I have 4 Stalin biographies, one book just about the Show Trials, Bukharin's last letter to Stalin and a transcript of Bukharins trial.

Thanks for the help.

The question i'm using is "Nikolai Bhukarin stated "I am innocent of those crimes to which I admitted" to what extent is this true?". However I was wondering if my title wasn't broad enough or if I might have any problem reaching the 4000 words. For the sources right now I have 4 Stalin biographies, one book just about the Show Trials, Bukharin's last letter to Stalin and a transcript of Bukharins trial.

Thanks for the help.

I'm getting the feeling that your topic is too general. You need to focus it a little more, shift your idea so that it's pointed in one direction. In the end, you want to nail your originally aimed target :)

I changed my topic to something less broad, right now its "To what extent was the Great Purge a failure for the Red Army and the Communist Party?".

Here I was hoping to analyse the background before the purges, the reasons for the purges, the purges themselves and how many they killed and the results of the purges. I would later see if the results were good or bad for the Red Army and the Communist Party.