Sign in to follow this  

Improving my French (Drastically)

So I'm doing SL French (so far I just started my first semester) and it's the only subject I'm struggling with (I'm expecting a 5-6 in all my other courses). French never interested me and I think I don't adapt to new languages too well. My pronunciation is good enough so my only concern is my understanding of french. I find it difficult to keep up with my teacher when she's talking in french during class but I can usually understand what she's saying by picking out certain words I know. I also have trouble reading french and my vocabulary isn't the best. Does anyone have any advice for me so I can improve my french by December? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers because my french is my biggest (if not only) concern school-wise right now.

To improve your listening skills and pronunciation, watch French movies and tv shows. Here's a French news channel France 24: Click here to watch it. It has 10-minute news every half and hour and some interesting programs in between (although most of it is world issues/news-related) But it's interesting.

To improve your comprehension skills, read French newspaper articles. Le Monde is one of many newspapers that you can find. If you read at least one article each day, Paper 1 will be a piece of cake for you!