Written Task

Leoo

Hey guys

I have to turn in my first written task in a couple of days about war reporting and propaganda. My topic is the use of propaganda during World War 2 in America, but I'm not sure what type of text would be more reasonable: an opinion column (from the present time about World War 2) or an article written in the newspaper during WW2 to convince americans of being involved in the war?

Hope you guys can help me I'm kind of lost.

Leo

If I were given this assignment, what I would personally do is to start off generally talking about propaganda in the introductory paragraph and then go on to give examples of how it was used to convince americans of getting involved in the war I guess... Pretty simple, then you can compare the goods and bads of propaganda in the third paragraph and then state your opinion in the last paragraph.

Good Luck!

I would certainly say the second is more appropriate. You are trying to prove your own points about propaganda; you certainly don't need a constant comparison to contemporary opinions. Personally, I like to write the paper, then go back and just quote my source when I need extra validation for a point I am trying to make. What do you actually plan on doing with the article: Just quote it? Analyze it? What?

Edited by GLaDOS

I was thinking about writing a fictitious article from the point of view of a reporter back then, published in the New York Times after the pearl harbor attack, to convince the American Population that fighting in World War II is the right thing to do.

Thanks for the feedback btw :)