Extended Essay

Bhagyashree

Hi,I have decided to do my EE in VA with history(German History).Haven't decided the topic yet,I think It can be abt.German Artist during Fall of Berlin Wall or present german artist talk abt.the influence of German History on their work....... :coffee: I was searching for some EE topics so at list I can get an idea where to focus.I haven't found any? Wud you like to share? What IB expects in terms of topic for EE?????

Well for starters you can only do your extended essay in a single subject. Otherwise, whatever aspects of your essay aren't relevant to the exact IB subject you submit it under will be considered total rubbish by that examiner.

You can pick to do one in either Visual Arts OR History, not both. Once you've done that, take a look through the threads on this forum where everybody posts up their EE titles to see what other people have done within your subject area. Also google 50 Excellent Extended Essays (these are exemplars the IB has released) and look at them.

Also definitely read the IB Extended Essay Guide (you can find this free to download in the Files section) for your subject. They're very clear about what sorts of things to focus on ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think your topic could work, although you would have to choose a specific artist. Your question would then be something along the lines of 'What impact did the fall of the Berlin wall have on the way *insert artist's name* portrayed nature/people/ in his paintings/sculpture/art/?' And would deal with how the artist painted before and after the event. Of course you'd have to find an artist whose work changed significantly after the event.

Good luck!