ITGS - General & Project Questions Here!

dandoon96

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm a sophomore, right now in the midst of course selections for next year. IB ITGS (SL, but I may reconsider depending on the responses to this question) is one of the courses on the table. I really love tech, so ITGS appeals to me (Computer Science is not on offer). However, ITGS is ONLY being offered at my school as an online course, due to lack of interest among students at my school in past years.

I have a lot of questions about the class, but they really boil down to these 3:

1. What is your opinion of the course? (i.e. is it interesting? is it fun? is it worth taking?)

2. Why did you choose this class over others?

3. I have heard that the class is highly discussion centered, and that online classes limit the amount of inter-student interaction. Do you think such a limitation would detract from the course?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by betaJay

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I'm a sophomore, right now in the midst of course selections for next year. IB ITGS (SL, but I may reconsider depending on the responses to this question) is one of the courses on the table. I really love tech, so ITGS appeals to me (Computer Science is not on offer). However, ITGS is ONLY being offered at my school as an online course, due to lack of interest among students at my school in past years. I have a lot of questions about the class, but they really boil down to these 3: 1. What is your opinion of the course? (i.e. is it interesting? is it fun? is it worth taking?) 2. Why did you choose this class over others? 3. I have heard that the class is highly discussion centered, and that online classes limit the amount of inter-student interaction. Do you think such a limitation would detract from the course? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm actually taking the class right now. It is an AWESOME class. We only have 10 kids because the counselors told everyone it didn't exist (I had to fight for it). I've learned so much. It's absolutely interesting and fun. Very worth taking. [Whispers] It's also really easy!

I chose this class because I'm a huge techie. My Android phone gets new ROMs weekly :D Yeah, I'm a geek. So I figured this class was perfect. Plus, at my school, it fulfills both the computer literacy requirement and the practical art requirement. So that made it even MORE perfect.

I wouldn't say the class is hugely discussion centered per se. However, I have discussions with the teacher daily, and I think that enhances it. What our teacher does is she makes us do a weekly article and relate it to the IB strands. (Check out her website at soaresitgs.wikispaces.com )

Overall, take it. For sure. If you like tech especially.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Overall, take it. For sure. If you like tech especially.

I would disagree.... if you love tech that's great, but if that is the only incentive you have then go to Computer Science, not ITGS...

The reason is simple, yes, we do explore different devices and technologies in ITGS, but one of the main things is the IMPACTS of these devices on society and the social and ethical considerations that they pose, not just these devices and how they work...etc

Do your research before joining the course.... statistically less than 2% received a level 7 in ITGS HL in 2008...

Good luck

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I had this question on the ITGS project : Through which methods can I distribute tutorial videos to teachers in my school, without having to create a webpage to post them (because it takes too long), but still meeting the complexity requirements that the ITGS course requires for higher level?

Thanks in advance for any advice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• Do students need to fill out "Actual Outcome", "Comments", and "Ref in product" in the test plan?

What should I do for Criterion E? Is it sufficient for me to explain how I did the techniques (with justification)?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey.. I need to make a website for my CAS coordinator, (For the IA) but.. I don't know which type of website to make. The requirements:

-Easily Accessible 

-Students must be able to register

-The website must allow several administrators

-Students must be able to post their diaries online, but which can be seen only by the Administrators, and the member itself.

-Students should not be allowed access to other student's CAS diaries, unless allowed to.

.... This is complicated :S

Should I make a forum or any other website? Or should I just give up

:help:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi, 

I am currently in my second year in the Diploma program and have ITGS at the higher level. 

I currently have the 'Tomorrow's Technology and you' book which I find very useless. It is often vague and contains too much extra material. I require a book/resource which can provide me with everything that I need to score a 7 in the subject. 

Also, its hard to find past-papers for this subject. Anyone has any links? 

Thanks 

• 7 months later...
On 18/09/2015 at 6:18 PM, Anon24j said:

Hi, 

I am currently in my second year in the Diploma program and have ITGS at the higher level. 

I currently have the 'Tomorrow's Technology and you' book which I find very useless. It is often vague and contains too much extra material. I require a book/resource which can provide me with everything that I need to score a 7 in the subject. 

Also, its hard to find past-papers for this subject. Anyone has any links? 

Thanks 

wow that was so long ago, did you find anything? I do HL too and I need at least 6 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi all,

Please do check out www.itgskit.com - we're currently developing the site to contain notes on all of the chapters as well as details for the IA and Extended Essay in ITGS for both SL and HL. We also link to the IB documentation for the IA and EE and previous paper 2 articles. Forums are being tested at www.itgskit.com/forum.html

We have a page on Facebook - www.facebook.com/ITGSKIT for the sharing of relevant up to date articles and ideas,

We have a Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/ITGSKIT , again for sharing ideas and content that are helpful for ITGS

We have an Instagram feed - www.instagram.com/ITGSKIT for image and story sharing for ITGS.

All the above also contain details on updates to www.itgskit.com as we work to get all of the relevant content available!

If you have an suggestions or requests for the sites, please do email [email protected] with your ideas :)

ITGS KIT logo

• 2 years later...