ITGS Project help!

noinoeso

Hey people.

I´m in a hurry, and would like to receive suggestions.

I must develop a website for my ITGS Project. My client is the director of a school, and wants me to create a website for the community of the school. Being it a communitary website, it will have the need to be updated constantly with school announcements, photos of events, etc...

My problem arises at this point. I need to find a website creating tool that gives me the opportunity to develop 3 or more complex techniques, but at the same time, can be updated by computer dummies. Everyone at the school sucks at technology, so I need to offer them a website editing tool that is extremely simple for them to use. I have found several of these, but I can´t integrate complex techniques into them. They all have set templates and I can´t edit them with HTML or CSS.

So, what would you recommend to do? Do you know a good website making tool that adjusts to my needs? Should I drop my project and do another one when my deadline is around next February?

Thank you

What your asking for is QUITE complex and requires a MAJOR amount of time and effort.

But if you wish to go with this then I suggest you use Apache Server and host a PHP based webpage. Creating a user interface shouldn't be too hard. Learn some SQL programming to make things easier.

The main problem is the usage. There has to be someone who can be trained to use and edit entries via the user interface.

A good tool for this project would be Wampserver: http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Go through the tutorials if you get confused. If you change your mind you can always post again for any help you need.

Thank you for your help people!!!!

I think that I will change my project. My client is just pissing me off more each day. For example, my client took 3 weeks to give me a USB with photos and send me an email with information. He is just unwilling to cooperate, and I will find someone else.

• 1 month later...

can someone explain to me what each of the advanced techniques mean,,,

- manipulation of graphics to improve print quality

- proficient use of typography

- proficient interrelationship of graphical elements, images and text

- integration of components using advanced features from other applications

Its a fancy way of saying edit your photos. Use Adobe Photoshop etc. Make sure you edit in high res so that your pictures come out in high quality

Use cool fonts and do stuff like this and this.

- proficient interrelationship of graphical elements, images and text.

Merge images, put words on text. Like a magazine kind of thing. Ever seen a brochure for an art exhibition or college or something?

Use the texture editing tool from GIMP, use an advanced feature from Photoshop. Basically you need to use the unique features of different programs.

Its a fancy way of saying edit your photos. Use Adobe Photoshop etc. Make sure you edit in high res so that your pictures come out in high quality

Merge images, put words on text. Like a magazine kind of thing. Ever seen a brochure for an art exhibition or college or something?

Use the texture editing tool from GIMP, use an advanced feature from Photoshop. Basically you need to use the unique features of different programs.

Thank you very much that was so much help!

What do you mean put words on text? if i have put text on pictures, does that count?

What do you mean put words on text? if i have put text on pictures, does that count?

and what about development of an original and unifying template?

• 2 weeks later...

what is wampserver and apache server? I read from wiki's but still don't get it.

Also, my teacher told me that I can use T-35.com for free web hosting service. But it's not free anymore. Is there any other recommended free web hosting out there? I know there's a lot but I'm not sure which one to choose. I found one, its jimdo.com but seems like it doesn't support FTP transfer :surrender:

what is wampserver and apache server? I read from wiki's but still don't get it.

Also, my teacher told me that I can use T-35.com for free web hosting service. But it's not free anymore. Is there any other recommended free web hosting out there? I know there's a lot but I'm not sure which one to choose. I found one, its jimdo.com but seems like it doesn't support FTP transfer :surrender:

Wamp server is a database hosting server which you can create on any computer.

Here's a list of free website hosting services: http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/

• 1 month later...

thanks!! =D

As much as I like being thanked...these posts aren't exactly helpful for others and just add to your post count. If you wish to thank me, just hit the green arrow button on the right of my post. That way others will also know that the post is of importance.