Quick TOK practice essay question - all four ways of knowing or just two/three of them?

Emmi

I'm writing a practice TOK essay for a homework assignment in my TOK class. Basically I am discussing the four ways of knowing and how they help us determine what is true.

The question just simply states "How can the different ways of knowing blah blah blah." Does this mean I must include all four ways of knowing, or am I fine with just discussing two or three?

I've already written my argument for reason and I have my plan for emotion and language ready to go. I just wasn't sure if I needed to also include a section on perception because that's my weakest argument at the moment.

Edit: Just realized this is Title 4 from Nov09/May10, lol.

Edited by emyski

Well to be perfectly honest, as this is a practice/homework essay, I would do all 4. That way you get your teacher's feedback and comments on your thoughts about every single one of them, which at the end of the day is going to be a lot more helpful for your actual final TOK essay. You'll have some ideas/sentences/examples about each of them plus the knowledge of whether what you wrote was decent or not, and it's possible these'll come in handy for whichever title you eventually go for.

That aside, if the question asks for 'the different ways of knowing', I'd probably go for all 4 anyway. They do have titles which ask for "with reference to 1 or 2 ways of knowing" etc. so here it does look like they're after them all.