IB Survival

romanianmkay

What do you mean you don't get how this site works?

If you have a question, you can post a question in the appropriate forum (not the first one you come to, as this obviously as nothing to do with debate and discussion) and someone will respond to you as best as they can. It may take a few hours-several days depending on the type of question asked but most are answered pretty quickly. You can respond to questions by clicking "reply" and submitting a post. You can edit your profile if you want by hitting "settings" and then can customize post options, your information, etc. And you can download files if you are earn VIP membership or purchase a VIP subscription. Files include notes, sample essays, past IAs, and past extended essays.

I don't see what's so hard about that.

• Like 2

I dont get how this site works.

It's a forum, a forum is a different type of social networking that has been around long before facebook and Myspace. This site wasn't, but the format this site uses has been. There are different levels of conversation that can go on.

On the main menu you have all of the categories when you scroll down and within those categories you have boards. Click on the board that most interests you and once you do that, you will be able to view all of the topics that relate to each board. Click on the topic and simply send a response to the conversation at hand. OR if you are feeling really outgoing, try making a new topic.

That's the 101 on the forum, once you get your way around everything becomes a fun place, you have peoples profiles, messages, moods, signatures....all kinds of stuff. Message me if you have any questions! I'm also willing to bet the staff here also would help probably better than I could as well.

• Like 4

I don't think I have anything to add to what Leafed said, they pretty much summed up everything. I am just going to rephrase it just in case the above didn't make sense (which is unlikely).

The home page has two categories:

• General Forum
  • IB Forum

1. The General Forum is one has nothing to do with IB and you have the sub-forums under it General Discussions, Debate and Discussion, Chat (with games and jokes), University Forum.
  2. The IB Forum has more specialized sub-forums like the Sciences.

In each subforum (or call it whatever you like), there are topics or threads. The thread is obviously made up of of posts (which are what people reply), for example what you're reading now, is my post to the 'IB Suvival' topic. At the bottom of every topic page, you will have an empty field which you reply in then click post, it will come up just like what you're reading now. At the end of the post on the right, there is an arrow going up, that's the reputation icon. If you like any post anywhere, or would like to say thank you, you click on it. Just like Leafed's post, it's very helpful so 4 people clicked on the green icon.

That's pretty much it in terms of basics. The other things come with time, and don't worry about it. I was a little confused in the beginning too.

Perhaps you didnt need all this detail, but I just gave you everything just in case you did. :)

If you have any question concerning the forum, you may ask in Mini-questions about IBS features. If there's a problem with your account or anything else, contact one of the admins (Administrators or Supervisors).

• Like 1