notenoughsleep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the points needed for the Engineering department, UofT?

Sorry for a kind of late reply but you need at least 30 points. You can't get lower than a 4 in the prerequisite courses, which are math, physics, chemistry, and English. According to the U of T website: http://www.discover.engineering.utoronto.ca/admissions/requirements/intl/IB.htm

Like the website says, you'll probably need more than 30 points to be competitive.

But since you're from Canada they'll look at your percentage grades before your IB points. I know people who got in with mid to high 80 averages so that's what you should aim for, at minimum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey guys, I've applied mainly to Canada, and got into the universities listed below with a predicted score of 35

Carleton University - Bachelor of Journalism - Conditional on 28+

University of Ottawa - Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies) - Conditional on 26+

York University - Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies) - Conditional on 30+

Ryerson University - Bachelor of Arts (Creative Industries) - Conditional on 33+

• 2 weeks later...

I've been accepted to a Bachelor degree course for Visual Studes at University of Toronto Mississauga (joint course with Sheridan College) with 42 predicted points, but I have been also offered a $3300 entry scholarship, so I guess the actual requirement is a lot lower.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Canadian citizen aiming for UBC faculty of arts, second year of IB and currently getting around 32-35 (excluding EE and TOK)

Got a good amount of CAS

Do you think it's enough?

I think 35, 36 would definitely get you in. 32+ also gives you good chances. I can predict you with better certainty if you give me your actual Canadian marks though.

• 6 months later...

I applied for a BSc in Life Sciences/Biology at McGill, U of Toronto, UBC and York U.

U of T:

The minimal requirement is 28 points, for Life Sciences it's 32 (I asked an international rep yesterday) - I'm predicted 42 and got a $5000 scholarship so they're not that demanding :)

McGill:

I'm not entirely sure but I think the minimum for entry is around 35

UBC:

I'm not sure what the minimum requirement is but I was designated Chancellor's Scholar so it's probably a fair bit lower than 42 :)

York U:

Requirement is 24 and they're really generous with scholarships, I got $3000 per year renewable for 4 years (given to anyone with a 95% and over average) as well as a $2000 one-time one from Faculty of Science :D