Murderous Riddle

Shorty

My dad asked me this riddle and I have no idea what the logical answer is. Hopefully we can figure it out :hug:

A man goes home at 4pm and see his wife cooking, he then goes take a nap and when he woke up (at 7pm) a marvelous dinner was prepared. At 10 pm they go to bed. In the morning at 7am, he killed her. Why?

A little Googling comes in handy :D

t's a psychology riddle so it is about how you interpret the statement, or rather how it fools you into taking it literally.

The first bit fools you into thinking that his wife is engaging in the act of cooking, when it is she that is being cooked.

Just because the second two sentences follow the first, they do not come after the first in terms of time.

The second sentence features a frequentative use of the present tense, they generally go to bed at that time every day - it is irrelevant to the other parts.

By putting the third sentence last, the riddle fools you into thinking that it follows the previous sentences in terms of time. He did, in fact, kill her at 7am on the same day, prior to cooking her.

The answer is 'so he could cook her'.

When the husband got home at 4pm, his wife was already cooking dinner, but he came home early, and she did not notice. So he went uptairs to sleep while she cooked, when he woke up at 7pm, he saw that a nice dinner was prepared, but she dosen’t know hes home, so he knows the dinner is for someone else. The man shes cheating with came to eat dinner, but then he had poisoned the dinner already. So at 10 when the cheater and the wife went to bed, the husband left. And the poison took action at 7am, which is when she died.

So we can only say he killed her when she died at 7am, not when he put the poison.

bolth answer's are considerd correct by the phycologists who admited these riddles for exam.

• 3 months later...

cannablism, i tell you what has the world come to? imagine if many have t resort to this method in the futur when global warming kdestroys crops which will result in hungery animals who will starve to death and then what will we have left to eat?????

back to the topic, this was a weird riddle

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...