30/42?Canadian Universities

TheKidd4Ever

I'm not sure about the others, but here are UBC's IB requirements:

https://you.ubc.ca/u...ctober_2009.pdf

So for UBC's commerce, you'll probably make it!

For UBC, are you planning to go do Sauder Business school? You should look into SFU's business program too - I hear that their business prgoram is even better than UBC's.

Edited by wombat123

If you're Canadian applying to Canadian unis, they will consider your percentage grades before your IB grades. If your percentage grades are good then you can get in and they probably won't care much about your IB grades.

Based on your IB grades:

Most of the schools you applied to are a bit of a stretch or you may just make it in. The only one I'm not very sure about is UBC. Because you have a 7 in HL math, you may have a pretty good chance at Waterloo math. McGill, Ivey at Western, and Queen's commerce are pretty competitive.

I emailed UWaterloo. They say that if your school doesn't offer HL math, SL math is perfectly fine! to apply

A girl in my school just got into Waterloo and was told she just needs to maintain 30 points. Given your 7 in math, I'd think you have a shot in Waterloo Maths

The score getting in is different from the score needed to maintain your acceptance. I think you need a bit higher than that ?

I emailed UWaterloo. They say that if your school doesn't offer HL math, SL math is perfectly fine! to apply

A girl in my school just got into Waterloo and was told she just needs to maintain 30 points. Given your 7 in math, I'd think you have a shot in Waterloo Maths

The score getting in is different from the score needed to maintain your acceptance. I think you need a bit higher than that ?

That seems right. I know quite a few people who did Math SL in IB, but are still doing Math or CS at Waterloo.

• 2 weeks later...

this is my personal essays for UBC application

it would be awesome if you guys could read it over

http://kidme13.wordpress.com/

the password is 123456

You need to calm down (didn't the admission open yesterday?). Anyways,t he essays aren't looked at that much and UBC loves its IB students. You should be more than fine.

• 1 month later...

admissions opened september, or August. I think your essay were good, but you talked a lot about IB, maybe should have talked about other things. But it shows you are really hard working. Especially the math club! this year the essays are 40% of your application and marks are 60%