Which Chemistry Options do you take?

BIO-AQUA

Chemistry Options  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chemistry Options do you take?

• A. Modern analytical chemistry
    • B. Human biochemistry
    • C. Chemistry in industry and technology
    • D. Medicines and drugs
    • E. Environmental chemistry
    • F. Food chemistry
    • G. Further organic chemistry

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We don't get to choose in my school... sadly. 

But we're doing Human BioChem (Opt B) and Med and Drugs (Opt D), I haven't read Human Bio Chemistry yet and we are going to start it in three weeks time, but Medicines and Drugs are definitely fun! 

It also helps you if you are interested in the pharmacy area, as it shows how medicines work... normally. And also some 'basic knowledge'  in terms of the pharmacy industry. I do HL Chemistry and the HL part of Option D (Opt D8 to D10) shows how the drugs work or how it works chemically (so HL topic of Organic Chem comes out) so that was fun too. SL part has the theory information.

Human BioChem - Like someone above said, it involves a lot of Biology - so like how amino acids work, the structures of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids etc. and their use... it's pretty easy if you do Bio, but may be a bit of a bugger if you don't, because there is lot to memorise.

Hey there! My group cannot decide which one to choose, the choices are either biochemistry or medicines and drugs. Nearly all of us are taking bio hl, which one would you recommend? Is one easier than other? I've heard that most of data for biochem. is in data booklet and medicine is a lot of memorising, true?

We're doing Analytical and Further Organic, both at SL and HL. 

Hey there! My group cannot decide which one to choose, the choices are either biochemistry or medicines and drugs. Nearly all of us are taking bio hl, which one would you recommend? Is one easier than other? I've heard that most of data for biochem. is in data booklet and medicine is a lot of memorising, true?

From what our teacher has told us, Biochem overlaps a lot with bio, and she advised those of us taking HL bio to take this one as well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just like to let everyone know that I have finished the complete set of videos for the new syllabus Option B biochemistry (SL - HL videos coming soon).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLluIsqNl4jcqXszPTyKWVYmSfT00Eqx8q

I also have videos for old syllabus options B, E and F which can be found on my YouTube channel or my website (see links below).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...