- Is reason purely objective and universal, or does it vary across cultures?

karim_92

Well this is YOUR TOK presentation, so you've got to come up with the material.

I do question why you chose a title without having come up with any content?! It seems really stupid to me. Just think to yourself: why on earth did I come up with this title? I mean, you must have thought about it at least the tiniest bit. What made you ask the question?

...or did you literally just take a TOK keyword and bang it into a sentence? In which case, that's really not the way to go about coming up with a presentation. The general rule for anything you have to write or do in life is to make sure you've got some content to match your title or question before settling on it. It's like me coming up with "To what extent do the nimsquibs like curry?" ...I mean, it's clearly dim, I don't even know what a nimsquib is and I haven't the first clue if they like curry! I refuse to believe somebody would do that - you must have had some reason to pick your title!

Muse on it a while and then perhaps suggest something here and people will help you lead on from it (we're happy to help you with what you have, just not to come up with it for you in the first place!). Or, if you really did pick this question out of the air at random, why not come up with a question where you DO have something to say and telling your teacher you're changing your presentation.

Also, check out the help threads stickied at the top of the TOK forum, they have some very useful pointers for TOK presentations :)

of course I was thinking in that way and had some real life scenarios like child labour or women/children as soldier but the teacher said that these are ethical dilemmas and not related to the question at all so I need some help since I found this question interesting, which I really found from these above mentioned real life scenarios.

so if you have some ideas for real life scenarios I will be thankful.

please I need help

I have new knowledge issues but I am not sure if these are some good ones.

1) To what extend can common perception control our mind?

2) How can having a utopia affect our ability to fitting in the real world?

I need an answer as soon as possible

why doesn't any one help me with the question???!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sandwich
Please edit old posts to add additional information rather than making many news ones.

• 2 months later...

I have new knowledge issues but I am not sure if these are some good ones.

1) To what extend can common perception control our mind?

2) How can having a utopia affect our ability to fitting in the real world?

People probably aren't helping because your questions are crazy and totally unexplained, you haven't said anything about exactly how you're going to approach any of the material in your questions at all. What do you mean "control our mind"?? Neither of them seem even related to TOK.

I highly suspect that you didn't read the stickies as I suggested (or have completely ignored them in coming up with these 2 titles) and strongly encourage you to read AT LEAST these two threads and come up with new titles:

Is this a good TOK Presentation title? / How do I pick my Presentation title?!

ToK Presentation Guide

Also, give people more information. You can have a great title but still give a terrible presentation because the content is bad, so you've got to tell people a bit about what you're planning on putting in it. If you put effort into helping people understand your problem, people will be more willing to help you with it because they'll have a better idea of what's going on. It's no fun to have to get information out of somebody like pulling teeth - especially when it's YOU who's trying to do them a good turn! People don't mind helping but you've got to give them something to work with, not make them work for it!