History IA Topic Help

Nich Weirath

Ok, I'm trying out a few different topics but i need to know if I could get a good paper out of discussing/investigating the origin of Hitler's hate for the Jews. I know there are many different takes on this but do any of you think it'd be okay? If not, any suggestions? I'm trying to go more on the path of the Holocaust.

• 3 weeks later...

Great one! look what I found! : http://geoff-william...-topics-a308141

It has 50 History IA possible topics, its quite amazing. Hope it helps! :)

Just throwing this out there, you probably shouldn't pick one of these as your IA topic. While some of them are interesting, you should try to come up with your own topic.

If you want to do a topic related to Hitler or WWII, that's fine, but try to investigate a lesser-known event related to these. My IA deals with Stalin and the WWII years, but I chose a lesser-known event (that was still important regardless) towards the end of the war to research.

I'd like to do my IA on the Holocaust as well, but everything I come up with seems to be too vague... any tips? Thanks!!

Pick something within the Holocaust (a person, event, whatever). Try to pick something with differing opinions/interpretations.

Then narrow it down from there. What were the causes? Why did this happen the way it did? How important was this event in causing a future event to happen? Why did this part of it happen but not another part? Why did the person act the way they did? Ask yourself those kinds of questions and hopefully one will lead to your history IA topic.

My sister actually wrote a paper on the Nazi hatred for jews and how it got started. Specifically, she talked about the different reasons for its rise and how so many people could be so influenced about something so seemingly inhumane. The topic was simple and popular but she utilized it very well and got a very good grade on it. It doesn't really matter if the topic has been done a gazillion times. These topics never get old because they are so powerful and can really draw the reader in. When you are truly interested in the topic and understand it core by core, then you can transfer your own understanding to the reader and leave a good impression. That way is far better than writing on a complex topic that you might not even understand and chances are the reader won't grasp either so it ultimately becomes a waste.